Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wagtmans 1 - Winter 2013

Last update/Next update

The Wagtmans Family
Harry is 43, Mairi is 42, Camden is 2 and Collin is 1
Mairi: I don't what I had to expect when I agreed on having kids, but I'm sure it's not this! Don't get me wrong, I love my boys, I can't imagine a world without them.
But it's just so hard! Maybe it's because they are so close in age, but we don't seem to get any rest! Weekends especially are the hardest. During the week, there still is some distraction, but during the weekends it's just Harry and me, and the boys.
We try to divide the work. One day one of us get's up early to look after them, so the other one can catch up on some sleep, the next day it's the other day around.
But it still is hard. I'm always wondering how parents of twins can cope handling them both. They look so cute when they are in their high chairs, but when they don't get their lunches soon, they can scream so hard, you want to run away!
But when they had their lunch, they can be so sweet, when they let Harry and me have our lunch in peace and quiet!
And when they take their naps, they can even be much more sweeter! Those moments Harry and I even have some time together. We mostly spend it playing chess, but it's something.
When the boys are playing together, I try to spend some time with Lulu too. I have her since we moved here, and ever since we had the boys, I have been neglecting her a little bit. Like I said before, and I'm going to keep saying it, it's hard!
The day Cambed turned 4, was an amazing day. He was such a sweet toddler, and so eager to learn. But now he's a child, and he can do some things on his own, and he doesn't need our assistance all the time.
Soon Camden will start school too, and will be even more independent. The day Collin will start school too, the house will be so quiet, but it will be a great day!
Harry and I have been talking about having more children, and it may sound slefish, but I don't want any more, I want to be able to buy myself some things, and do something with the house and the garden, and ... well I just don't want any more children, I'm happy with my 2 boys!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the boys keep Mairi busy! As close as those two are in age, it's almost like twins! I can see why she may not be ready to jump in for another kiddo.

    ReplyDelete