Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Snijders - August 2022

Bethany's last update/Last update/Wedding/Bethany's next update/Next update

The Snijders Family
Adam is 25, Mariëtte is 28 and Bethany is 6
(Emily Spits is 5)
Narrated by Mariëtte
I'm still really glad that Bethany and Adam get along so well. They both adjusted to the situation so well, and they really seem fond of each other.
At the beginning of summer break Adam took Bethany to Belio's Bunk in SimsVille. She was allowed to pick out a toy, and kept running from one end of the store to the other one.
Adam eventually calmed her down and took her to pick out the toy.
I'm sure she had as much fun picking out the toy as she had playing it. I can only say I love watching her play with it, and have so much fun.
As a surprise Adam aslo bought her a kite, and Bethany has been playing with it every evening.
Sometimes I feel sad that Bethany is still an only child. I know she has 2 brothers with her dad, but they are much younger. She never complains about it, and she's always happy.
But at times it breaks my heart to see her playing on her own, or with the cat.
She does have friends, and she brings the home quite a lot, espcially this holiday. I sometimes have the feeling Emily Spits lives her.
It's been pretty hot this summer, and the girls had fun throwing waterbaloons.
We sometimes catch them wispering things in to each other, and giggling. Of course whenever Adam or I come close, they just stop talking.
Emily is a really nice girl, and I'm glad she and Bethany are friends.
I love the fact that we have a garden, but it's kind of small,so whenever I have the day off, and the weather is great, I try to take Bethany to the beach.
She really loves building sandcastles, and looking for seashells, but she adores swimming, and she pretty good at it as well.
She's only 6, so I'm keeping a close eye on her, most of the time I go in to the water with her.
Those trips to the beach have become a rare thing though. I've been very busy at work, and my days off are often spend in my sewingroom because of it.
It doesn't help the Adam recently got fired from his job, becasue of something completely silly! He's checking the internet daily and is sending out emails, but so far he hasn't had any luck.
He has been thinking about what he wants to do, and he thinks photography might be his thing. He wants to take lessons for it, but I'm not completely sure about it. We're not exactly poor, but we kind of need the money, and I don't think it's wise to spend it at lessons.
I'm sure we'll be able to manage though, even if he takes those lessons. Besides he doesn't have a job at the moment, he might be using his time to become better at what he wants to do.
His classes are only a few hours a day, which still gives Adam some free time. He has taken it upon himself to do the entire household in those hours, so I can relax when I'm home.
Adam has been a huge help with the household, and it sure has taken a load off my shoulders. But one thing that always makes my day, after a hard day at work, is being greeted by Bethany when I come home, and I really miss those moments when she's with Bai.
Adam and I have been talking about adding the our family, but we both feel we should wait a little bit longer, and enjoy the little family we have.
As much as I love mt daughter, and I miss her when she's with her dad, I kind of enjoy those moments too, when it's just me and Adam. Just the 2 of us.

Notes:
  • Adam rolled the "Laid off! Ugh, that blows! Good luck in finding a new job"-ROS, so he got fired. Since I assinged him his job before using a good system, I really wasn't too sad about it. I know use another system, and he's going to be a photographer. It hasn't come up yet, but if not next round, I'll just let him get it.
  • Nor Adam or Mariëtte has rolled the want to have a baby yet, which is part of the reason I didn't took them of birth control, the other reason is that I have yet again more than enough new babies this round, and I'm only half way. Both their IFS is 5, and since Mariëtte will be 30 next round, I do think I'll take them off birth control next round.
  • I still need to write my sidebar-posts, but I'm terrible at these kind of things, so I always prepare myself, write drafts at work before writing the post, but so far I haven't found the time yet, I know it's needed so I'll do my very best to do them soon!
  • I also still need to give Adam a profile-page. He deservers one since he's now married to a playable.

10 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when your Sim-kids greet their mom or dad coming home from work? It is one of the loveliest ideas the programmers had, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a sweet idea, but I get annoyed by it as well, especially when I have them doing something else and I realky don't need them to run out to greet their parents.
      But I do like the idea :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I love the shot of them watching Bethany fly her kite, such a cute family picture! That sucks about Adam losing his job, but at least know he can do something he will have a passion for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourite shots as well, that one and the one of the family and Emily having dinner in the garden. That last one looks so summery!

      I I have to admit that I wasn't too sad that Adam rolled this ROS, it's like you said now he can do something he has passion for.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. They are so cute. Adorable family, hope they do have another baby or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping they have at least one other baby, but I wouldn't mind them having more :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Aw, Adam and Mariette are very sweet. Adam looks like he's doing a great job as stepdad to Bethany as well.

    I'm glad Adam getting fired is going to lead to him a better career for himself. Sometimes those chance cards really work out for the best.

    And I so hope we see a baby from these two next round! I don't have any Sims pregnant for the first time in a long time, so I'm living vicariously through you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam is doing great as stepdad, I'm sure he will be just as great with his own kids!

      I'm glad I can fit Adam into a more appropiate career, now I just need it to come up :)

      I have a lot of babies again this round, so you have a lot to look forward to.
      I'm planning on taking them off birth control next round, I want babies from these 2 as well!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. This family is super sweet, I like that Adam is so good to Bethany, and the kite picture is a great moment. Glad Adam will be able to find better fitting employment, and I'll be excited about them having a baby when they get to that point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this family as well but I'm looking forward to these 2 having a baby, so I'm going to take them off birth control next round!
      I hope Adam's prefered job will come up soon!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete