Thursday, October 4, 2012

de Leeuw - March 2023

Last update/Wedding/Next update

The de Leeuw Family
Harald is 31, Elisa is 28 and Brent is 2
(Larissa de Leeuw is 65, Berend Lillig is 63, Harry Wagtmans is 54, Mairi Wagtmans is 53, Françoise Roque and Lawrence Warner are 28, Kenneth Warner is 27, Julie Warner is 3 and Olivia Warner is 3 months)
Narrated by Harald

 Elisa's mother, Larissa, has been asking us to visit for quite some time now. We never thought it was going to be easy with Brent, but she said it wasn't going to a problem. So last week we went to the Ardens for a weekend.
Larissa was right about Brent not being a problem. Both Larissa and Berend adore him and love spending time with him.
They went crazy to make sure he didn't get bored and bought tons of toys for him. I don't think he has this many at home, but you don't hear him complaining!
Both Elisa and I adore our son, but it's nice to not have to look after him all the time for once. Berend and Larissa spend all their time with him, and he of course loves the attention from his grandparents.
They just can't get enough of him, and I just know we should do this more ofther, but it's not always that easy to go down to the Ardens.
It's always nice when we go down there though. I know Elisa likes seeing her mom, and it looks like Brent is a huge fan of those visits as well seeing he gets all the attention from his grandparents.
It was still cold at night, so it was nice to have a fireplace to sit in front of when it was getting chilly.
Elisa and I even got a night out with just the 2 of us. Larissa and Berend offered to look after Brent, so we could go out and enjoy each other's company.
There aren't a lot of fancy restaurants at the Ardens, but there is really nice one where we went after some recommendations from both Berend and Larissa.
Since Brent was born there haven't been that much occasions where we could have gone out with just the 2 of us, so a night out was welcome!
Brent is such a nice kid, that we both have been thinking about having another one. Both Elisa and I want more kids but we're not completely sure when.
I like that we can give Brent our undivided attention, and I would hate to not be able to spend so much time with him when there's a new baby.
I know Elisa feels the same about it. Brent isn't a demanding toddler, but we do want to spend time with him.
Recently it seems like all our friends are adding to their families. Kenneth and Lawrence were approved for adoption again and earlier this month, much sooner then they expecteb, baby Olivia arrived.
Elisa is crazy about little Olivia, and both Kenneth and Lawrence can't get enough of both their girls. Even now they are considering adopting again in the future.
Seeing Brent with Julie is another thing that makes us realise it would be nice for Brent to have a little bother or sister to play with.
Also Elisa's friend, Fran, is expecting another child. Even though it wasn't planned, she and Yuan and really looking forward to this newest addition.
I know seeing her friend pregnant and Kenneth and Lawrence's new baby makes Elisa want a baby even more, but there are other things that need our attention first.
Like adding rooms to the house for putting this new baby, and even redo the garden a bit would be nice, so the kids can play there when they're older.
We've asked Elisa's sister, Mairi, to make the plans for adding a floor to the house, and she invited us to dinner at Maison Mama, to dicuss them.
She came with some great idea's, and we decided to go ahead with it. Later this year the renovations will start, and hopefully we'll have a rebuild house next year. When all that is done, we'll consider another baby again.

Notes:
  • I really wanted Elisa and Harald to visit Elisa's mother with Brent. It only seems like something the will happen in real life as well. And both Larissa and Berend adore the kid, they were constantly giving him attention.
  • Elisa has rolled the want for another baby, but I thought I'd let them wait a little bit longer. I have more than enough babies this round already, so I could without them adding to their family, and they really need some more rooms in their house, they only have 2 at the moment and a rather small living/dining/kitchen-area.
  • I've already done the work on the house, but I'll have to have a look at it again, because I'm not completely happy with it. 
  • Lawrence and Kenneth were succesfull with their adoption this month, and baby Olivia was added to their family. I'm pretty happy they had another girl. Olivia is 3 months old, she was born in December 2022, which makes her the same age as Jack and Jo's son, Eli.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, that's wonderful that Elisa got to go visit her mum and bring Harald and Brent along for the trip. It looks like they all had a good time. It wasn't the first time Berend and Larissa had met Brent, was it? They came down for the birth, if I remember correctly?

    Man, your sims love their babies, lol! I would definitely be making them wait too, in your position. Maybe Harald will roll a baby want too, eventually.

    So glad Kenneth and Lawrence got their new baby though. I wonder if they'll want to adopt again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that Elisa went to visit her family, loved the photos of them with Brent. You do have a TON of babies going on, so I can see waiting for Elisa to have another baby, and getting the house in order. But I am glad that you will definitely be allowing them another. Because Brent is darling! I love all these photos, so woodsy, and cozy. I wanna go and visit there myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla I figured Berend and Larissa couldn't always be in Simmeria when Elisa had her turn in the rotation, and I like the trip as well. It was time for Berend to go to the Ardens as well, and it was fun having him there.
    Berend and Larissa came down for the birth, so they already met Brent before. I don't think there's a grandmother out there who wants to miss meeting her first grandchild :)

    If I count now, their baby would have been the first in the next round, but I'm still glad I made them wait :)

    I can definatly see Kenneth and Lawrence with 3 children, so if it were up to me they'll adopt another one, but I'm going to wait untill they roll the want themselfs, so we'll see it's going to happen again :)

    Thanks for reading!

    Maisie I loves taking Elisa and her family down there as well. I had fun playing them in the Ardens.
    I have way too many babies this round! But I'm kind of looking forward to them all was well :)
    Both their IFS is 3, so I think they will try on their own when I take them off birth control. I really want them to have more kids!
    You're more than welcome to visit :)

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete