Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Snijders - October 2025

Bethany's last update/Last update/Bethany's next update/Next update


The Snijders Family
Mariëtte is 31, Adam is 28 and Bethany is 9
(Hariëtte Ooms is 37, Emily Spits is 8 and Bailey Ooms is 7)
Narrated by Adam

Mariëtte and I have been talking about having kids together. We both want at least one, but the timing just hasn't been right for us.
We've been married for almost 3 years now, and we both feel ready, but since I lost my job some years ago, and only recently found one, we just didn't think it was right to start trying.
Despite everything being much better for us now, we still decided to wait a little bit longer to start with kids.
Bethany is 9 now, and even if we have a kid now, it wouldn't be a playmate for her anyway. She has 3 brother with her dad, and I kind of have the feeling she likes being an only child here.
It sometimes saddens me that she has to play on her own when she's here, but she seems perfectly happy with the sitation.
Bethany is rather shy, but she does have friends, and they come over quite a lot. Bailey lives in the same street, which makes it pretty handy for them to meet.
It's so nice to see kids have fun together, even if they play in a freshly raked pile of leaves.
Mariëtte and Bailey's mom, Harriët, get along pretty good as well. So every time when the girls spend time together, they arrrange to meet up as well.
Even though Bethany gets along pretty well with Bailey, her best friend still is Emily Spits. She lives a little bit further away. She lives across the street from a playgrond though, so every time we plan a trip to the playground, we pick that one, and invite Emily to come along.
And even when we plan a fishing trip to SimsVille Up Hill, Bethany begs us to take Emily with us.
The fishingtrip was great, despite the fact the Mariëtte only seem to catch old boots!
Bethany on the other hand seemed to be very good at fishing. She was so proud when she caught this really big fish, though she insisted we'd threw it back.
Both Bethany and Emily had a lot of fun, but Mariëtte and I got tired of it soon.
When the girls had enough as well and headed for the swingset, we figured it was time to head home.
Mariëtte job asks a lot from her. She work long shifts, and she's even expected to do a lot of it at home. And I just know it's hard on her.
With Bethany only living here part-time, Mariëtte keeps telling me that now is the time to go for her career, but when Bethany is with us, she always makes time for her.
They both love those moments together, and I'm sure that if Mariëtte and I ever had kids of our own, she'll cut back on all the work.

Notes:
  • It took me some time to write this update, and I'm still not 100% happy with it. I, as usual, forgot to take pictures of some things.
  • Like Adam's new job! After losing his job last round I looked for another one for Adam, and photography came out as one of the best for him.
  • If Emma and Finn wouldn't have surprised me with the pregnancy, I'm pretty sure I would have taken these 2 off birth control, but now I decided to wait another round. Since they both aren't getting any younger, I'm pretty sure I'll allow them to try next round.
  • Adam rolled this round's "family fishing trip/vacation"-ROS. I think I could have done more with it, but I still like their little trip.

4 comments:

  1. Family trips are always nice to play, and equally nice to read about :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I'm pretty curious what a child of Adam and Mariette might look like! But I guess we've got enough babies arriving soon in SimsVille that we can all wait a little longer for Mariette and Adam to get on board the baby train, lol! They should still be young enough next round that conceiving won't be too difficult. Bethany will also be older and by the time the baby arrives, she will probably be able to help out a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also curious what their baby would look like, but can wait, so many babies on their way! I know I can get my baby fill by coming over here. Still plenty of time to have a baby, especially with her career being so trying, might be best to wait a bit. The family fishing trip was quite nice, I always like seeing families doing stuff together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Librarian I'm glad you liked it, because I know I could have done more with it.

    Thanks for reading!

    Carla I always have enough babies arriving in SimsVille :) but next round it's their time definatly!
    Bethany is great big sister, I'm sure she'll like helping out with the new one :)

    Thanks for reading!

    Maisie Believe it or not, but I actually try to limit the babies, it just doesn't seem to work, and I love babies and kids and seeing genetics and stuff so much :)
    I'm glad you liked the fishing trip, as I said, I could have done more with it.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete